Department of Statistics
The Department of Statistics, MES Kalladi College was established with the Departments Mathematics and Economics Programme courses. The Department has a spacious & well-maintained library.
To occupy a significant place in the field of statistical education by offering distinguished, effective and on-going opportunities to the students and faculties in the domain of theoretical and applied statistics.
To produce potential graduates having sound knowledge of major statistical tools and techniques that can be applied in various domains of research areas like biological sciences, mathematical sciences, management sciences and data sciences. Better understanding of this interdisciplinary subject will result into fruitful outcomes for the betterment of science and society.
Educational Objectives of the Department
- Graduates will be skilled in the fundamental concept of Statistics necessary for the success in industry or higher education.
- To create an environment for a job oriented generation through improved research facilities in the Department and College.
- Graduates will be prepared to pursue career choices in different fields like Statistical Quality Control, Bio-Statistics, Sampling Techniques, Life Testing and Industrial Statistics among many others.
- To transform a classroom from notes taking place to a forum which facilitates experiential learning resulting in greater self-confidence.
- To develop a competitive spirit among students and empower them through focused teaching and research.
- Skills like teamwork, communication and ethical behavior will be honed.
- Constant professional development through continuous educational and personal development experiences by using library resources, professional societies, journals and meetings.