- No student shall be absent from the class without leave. The
reason for leave shall be clearly stated.
- Application for leave shall be submitted, countersigned by guardian with
the recommendation of the group tutor before availing leave. In the case
of inmates of the hostel all applications for the leave shall be
countersigned by Dy. warden.
- Student coming to the class late or leaving the class early Shall lose half
- When the absence is due to illness, the application for leave should be
supported by a medical certificate. Medical certificate should be
submitted on attending classes immediately after illness. Medical
certificates submitted at the end of the year will not be entertained.
- A student who is without leave for ten consecutive working days stands
the risk of having his/her name struck off the rolls.
- The minimum attendance of the 75% of the total working days of the
semester required for the attendance certificate is absolutely necessary
for promotion and for admission to the university examination.
- Students whose attendance falls below the minimum shall apply for
exemption to the university through the principal. The application in the
prescribed form shall be accompanied by a Chelan of Rs. 350/-. The
reason for each day’s absence should be explained. On account of
illness, a medical certificate also has to be submitted. In no case will
exemption be granted by the university, if the shortage of attendance
exceed 9 days in the semester. No exemption will be granted during a
course for more than two semesters. The application for condonation
should be made in the prescribed form, which can be had from the
university. The application for condonation shall be forwarded to the
university at least 10 days before the commencement of university
examinations. The applications will be forwarded only in the presence of
- If a student is unable to attend classes as he /she represents the college
in extra-curricular and co-curricular activities he/she may apply for
attendance for such days. Such application shall be duly recommended
by the responsible member of staff and countersigned by principal shall
be submitted within 3 days of such activities. The principal reserves all
right to grant or refuse such application at his own discretion. The ceiling
limit for such attendences is 10 days / semester