Our health club strives to make our community healthier by giving everyone the opportunity to incorporate fitness into their daily routine. We want our members to relax, get in shape, and have fun in a clean and safe environment. Our staff is dedicated to helping you reach and exceed your fitness goals.
Aims and Objectives:
- To provide an assortment of activities with an abundance of opportunities for every person to be successful.
- To allow members to give feedback and share ideas to enhance the program.
- To provide a physical activity that will enable each person to monitor the desired gains.
- To provide activities that relieve emotional strain and tension.
- To provide a safe place where people are accepted no matter what their limitations might be.
- To allow one to experience competitive and non-competitive activities as well as a team and individual activities.
- To develop skill, interest and the appreciation for the need for life-long movement, activity, and recreation.
- Improve your ability to think critically in the areas of personal wellness and be able to make proper decisions regarding your overall health
- Be able to take the knowledge that is learned regarding wellness and use it to help others in society
- To become motivated to take responsibility for oneself and make positive health behavior changes
- Increase health awareness by providing health screenings, activities, materials, demonstrations, and information
- To develop all aspects of oneself physical, social, mental, spiritual.
- To develop a wellness awareness within our community.
- To develop a community network for wellness promotion.
- To give one a sense of purpose
- To provide a support group
- To teach self-care practices
- To increase awareness of local, state, and national health services and resources
Health clubs deal with the physical fitness, diseases and the medical history of the students. Yoga is also practiced under health club The club is attached to the Department of Physical Education.