Anti Ragging cell
Our College maintains a healthy and congenial academic environment for the student. The institution offers protection to the new entrants from the menace of ragging. In this regard this institution has constituted an Anti- ragging cell. Also an anti ragging Squad has been deputed from all department to monitor students discipline both inside and outside the campus. The college level punishment in cases of ragging as per UGC directives includes one or more of the following:
1. Suspensions from attending classes and academic privileges.
2. Withholding / withdrawing scholarship / fellowship and other benefits.
3. Debarring from appearing any test/ examination or other evaluation process. Withholding of results.
4. Debarring from representing the institution in any regional, national or international meet, tournament, youth festival, etc.
5. Expulsion from the institution and consequent debarring from admission to any other institution for specific periods. The UGC has issued very strong and detailed regulations for curbing the menace of ragging in Higher Educational Institutions. As per regulations any of the following acts come under the purview of ragging.
a. Any conduct by any student or student whether by words (spoken or written) or by an act which has the effect of teasing, treating or handling with rudeness a fresher or any other student
b. Indulging in rowdy or in disciplined activities by any student or students which cause or is likely to cause annoyance, hardship physical or psychological harm or to raise fear or apprehension there of in any fresher or any other student
c. Asking any student to do any act which such student will not in the ordinary course do and which has the effect of causing or generating a sense of shame, or torment or embarrassment so as to adversely affect the psyche of such fresher or any other student
d. Any act by a senior student that prevents, disturb the regular academic activity of any other student or a fresher;
e. Exploiting the services of a fresher or any other student for completing the academic task assigned to an individual or a group of students.
f. Any act of physical abuse including all variants of it; sexual abuse, homosexual assaults, stripping, forcing for obscene and lewd acts, gestures, causing boily harm or any other danger to health or person
g. Any act or abusive spoken words, e-mails, public insults which would also include deriving perverted pleasure, vicarious or sadistic thrill from actively or passively participating in the discomfiture to fresher or any other student
h. Any act that affects the mental health and self-confidance of a fresher or any other student
i. Feel free to contact to register your complaints : Principal, Dr. T.K Jaleel (9745671949, email@example.com), Mr. P.M. Salahudheen, Convener, Anti ragging cell (9846507655, firstname.lastname@example.org) Toll free No. : 1800 180 5522, www.antiragging.in, e-mail: email@example.com